“No Cost” Precautions
– Take Your Keys. Nearly 2O% of all vehicles stolen had the keys in them.
– Lock Your car. Approximately 25% of all vehicles stolen were left unlocked.
– Never Hide a Second Set of Keys in Your Car.
– Park in Well-lighted Areas.
– Park in Attended Lots.
– If You Park in an Attended Lot, Leave Only the Ignition/door Key.
– Never Leave Your Car Running, Even if You’ll Only Be Gone for a Minute.
– Completely Close Car Windows When Parking.
– Don’t Leave Valuables in Plain View.
– Park With Your Wheels Turned Towards the Curb.
– If Your Vehicle is Rear-Wheel drive, Back Into Your driveway.
– Always Use Your Emergency Brake When Parking.
– If You Have a Garage, Use It.
– When Parking in a Garage, Lock the Garage door and Your Vehicle.
– Disable Your Vehicle When Leaving it Unattended for an Extended Period.
– Replace “T”-shaped door Locks With Straight Locks.
– Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
– Engrave Expensive Accessories
Investing In Vehicle Protection
– Ignition Kill Switch
– Fuel Kill Switch
– Visible Steering Wheel Lock
– Floorboard Locks
– Gearshift Locks
– Tire/Wheel Locks
– Hood Locks
– Armored Collar Around the Steering Column
– Vehicle Tracking